Thursday, September 30
- Welcome and Introduction with Swiss TPH Director, Jürg Utzinger
- What have we learned about COVID-19 Vaccination?, Claudia Daubenberger, Unit Head, Clinical Immunology
- Science Behind COVID-19: Interpreting Epidemiological Trends and Models, Andrew Schattock, Senior Scientist
- How Can Systems Thinking Promote Social Protection during a Health Crisis?, Daniel Cobos, Project Leader, Health Systems
- Climate Change and COVID-19: What’s the Connection?, Guéladio Cissé, Unit Head, Climate Change and Health
- Q&A and Closing Remarks, with Director, Jürg Utzinger and Head of Medicine, Daniel Paris
Every two years, the European Conference for Tropical Medicine and International Health 2021 brings together more than 1,500 scientists and experts from across the world. You'll always find us there too.
The Congress provides a platform for sharing research and innovation in the field of tropical medicine and global health. Contacts are made, networks are strengthened, and new partnerships are formed.It also acts as a forum for reflection on the role of tropical medicine and global health, taking into account the biggest trends of the twenty-first century, such as human migration and climate change. There will be over 600 posters, 200 oral presentations, 30 organised sessions, as well as a multitude of workshops, symposia, social events and breakfast seminars.