496708071

Facts, Figures and Finances

Dedicated to Research, Service Provisions and Education

Swiss TPH is a public organisation currently receiving 20% of its annual income of about 77 million Swiss francs from the cantons of Basel-Stadt and Basel-Landschaft, the Swiss Federal Government and the University of Basel. The remaining 80% are competitively obtained through funding agencies, foundations or clients.

The institute with its head office at Socinstrasse is currently spread out across eight buildings in the neighbourhood.

Associated Institute of the University of  Basel

As an associate institute of the University of Basel, the Swiss TPH takes part in teaching within the medical, philosophy, natural sciences, and historical philosophy faculties, as well as is engaged in post-graduate education and advanced training on national and international levels.  

Swiss TPH is a public organisation of the Cantons of Basel-Stadt, Basel-Land and the Swiss Federal Government.

In 2015, 420 staff and 161 PhD students worked at Swiss TPH in Basel. Another 138 employees are located abroad in offices in over 20 different countries. Swiss TPH unites over 60 different nationalities under one roof.

{"locations":{"0":{"title":"Swiss TPH, Socinstrasse 57, Basel","description":"<p>Swiss Tropical and Public Health-Institut<br \/>Schweizerisches Tropen- und Public Health Institut<br \/>Socinstrasse 57<br \/>CH-4051 Basel<br \/>Tel +41 61 284 81 11<\/p>","latitude":"47.555930","longitude":"7.577430","projects":{}}}}
Selected projects at this location:

Main address and reception:
Socinstrasse 57
CH-4051 Basel
Switzerland
Tel: +41 61 284 81 11