Based on Article 13 of the Swiss Federal Constitution and the data protection act of the Confederation (Data Protection Act, DSG), every person has the right to the protection of his or her privacy and to protection against the misuse of personal data.
This document applies to personal information that we collect and process through our websites and other communication channels in the normal course of business, such as in connection with our recruitment, event, and marketing activities.
Information we collect
Information you provide to us on the websites or otherwise
Certain parts of our websites may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily. We may also collect personal information when you attend our events, take part in surveys, or through other business or marketing interactions we may have with you. You may choose to provide additional information when you communicate or interact with us. We will keep copies of any such communications and information for our records as long as it is necessary for our business relationship and as long as it is prescribed by law.
We will inform you before the collection whether the provision of the personal data collected by us is mandatory for the required service or can take place on a voluntary basis and what consequences it has if the information is not provided.
Information we collect automatically through the websites
When you visit our websites, we may also collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include:
- Date and time of retrieval of web-content
- Message indicating whether the retrieval was successful
- Domain from which you access our websites and services
- Name of your internet service provider
- Your IP address
- Your operating system
- Your browser type and version
- Your browsing activity
- Transferred amount of data
- Other information about your system and data connection
- How you interact with our websites and other websites
Use of Personal Information
We may use the information for various reasons, including:
- To provide, operate, optimize, and maintain our websites.
- To send you information for marketing purposes, in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- For recruitment purposes if you have applied for a role with the Swiss TPH.
- To respond to your online inquiries and other requests, and to provide you with information and access to resources or services that you have requested from us.
- To personalize your sessions on our website to better serve your interests and present you with relevant offers and customized content.
- To compile aggregated statistics about website usage and to better understand the preferences of our visitors.
- To improve the navigation and content of our websites.
- To help develop new services or improve our existing services.
- To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes.
Public Information and Third-Party Websites
Links to third-party websites
Newsletter, surveys and other online-services
You may subscribe to our newsletters or from time to time participate in surveys or other promotions or communication and online services published on our websites, social media or other communication channels.
Participation in these services is completely voluntary. Information requested for transmission may include personal information such as name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, user name and similar information that we use to administer and provide our services.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Other Data Protection Rights
You can contact us directly at any time to obtain information about your personal data stored by us, to restrict its processing, to object to its use, to demand its deletion or to have your data or marketing settings changed.
You can also revoke your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your personal data with your consent. The revocation of your consent has no influence on the lawfulness of a processing which we have carried out before your revocation, as well as on the processing of your personal data which takes place in confidence in other lawful processing reasons than the consent.
We will respond to your request to exercise your privacy rights under applicable data protection laws and will respond promptly. Requests must be made in writing.
Responsible for processing
Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH)
Attn. Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer can also be contacted at email@example.com