In line with World Health Day on 7th April, we have launched our very own photo contest around the theme of #GlobalHealth. To enter the contest and be in with a chance of winning an instax camera, upload your photo and details here.
The contest closes on 4th May at 12am (CET). The winner will be notified via email and announced on our website and social media channels. Good luck!
Please read the Terms and Conditions before submitting your photo to Swiss TPH’s Global Health Photo Contest 2021. By participating in the contest, you understand, acknowledge and unconditionally agree to abide by the following Terms and Conditions:
The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute is organizing a free photo contest without the necessity of purchase, from 7th April 2021 09.00am (CET) to 4th May 2021 00.00am (CET). The operation is named ‘Swiss TPH’s Global Health Photo Contest 2021’
Entry to the contest is accessible online on the following link: https://swisstph.wufoo.com/forms/swiss-tph-global-health-photo-contest-2021/
The contest consists of uploading a photo (ideally from a tropical setting/or in Basel, landscapes, people and relating to global health) and uploading a description of this photo, with necessary details, on the theme of ‘global health’. The top entries will feature on our social media channel and website. The winner will also be announced there.
The Conditions of Participation & Code of Conduct
- Participation in the contest is free and open to all persons above 18 years old.
- One photograph must be submitted per participant.
- Photos submitted must be in high-resolution JPEG or PNG format (Max 25MB). There must be no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the image.
- The photo must be an original creation – no copyrighted images may be used.
- Basic editing, including colour enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity or genuineness of the photo.
- The photo must comply with ethical standards of photojournalism and depict their subjects in a respectful and dignified manner. Consent must be obtained from the people portrayed. Any photo lacking consent will not be considered.
- Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral traditions, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded .
The Judging and Notification of Winner
- Swiss TPH will appoint a judge(s) for the contest. This will compromise of members of the communications team/or external judges.
- The judging panel shall assess and determine the winning photo. The result will be announced on Swiss TPH’s social media channel(s) and website.
- The winner will be notified via email and their prize will be sent/shipped.
Rights and Ownership
- By submitting their photo to Swiss TPH, participants consent and grant permission to Swiss TPH to use their photograph and name in any and all of its publications or for editing, altering, copying, exhibiting, publishing and distribution purposes without payment or other consideration.
- All participants are entitled to access, cancel, oppose and rectify the details about the personal data (such as names, addresses, etc.) contained in the file by sending their request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org