Professional activities at Swiss TPH
Professor Thomas Smith heads the Health Systems Research and Dynamical Modeling Unit at the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, where his research focuses on the epidemiology of malaria. His particular interests are in the design and analysis of field studies and of trials of interventions against Plasmodium falciparum, and in epidemiological models of this pathogen.
Higher education and qualifications
- BA (MA) Hons. 1st Class in Natural Sciences (Genetics) University of Cambridge, England 1979.
- PhD, in Experimental Pathology, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, 1983.
- MSc, in Medical Statistics. University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England.
- Habilitation, in Epidemiology, University of Basel, Switzerland, 1996.
- Titular Professor in Epidemiology, University of Basel, Switzerland, 2004.
A complete publication list can be found at: