Based on Article 13 of the Swiss Federal Constitution and the Data Protection Act of the Confederation (DSG), every person has the right to protection of his or her privacy and to protection against the misuse of personal data.
This document applies to personal information that we collect and process through our websites and other communication channels in the normal course of business, e.g. in connection with our recruitment, event and marketing activities.
Collection of Information
Information you provide to us on our websites or otherwise
Certain parts of our websites may ask you to provide personal data and other information voluntarily.
We will inform you before the collection whether the provision of the personal data collected by us is mandatory for the required service or can take place on a voluntary basis and what the consequences are in case the information is not provided.
The data and information is used and stored for the corresponding services as long as this is necessary for our business relationship and required by law.
Information we collect automatically through the websites
When visiting our websites, we may also collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include:
- Date and time of retrieval of web content
- Messages indicating whether the retrieval was successful
- Domain from which you access our websites and services
- Name of your internet service provider
- Your IP address
- Your operating system
- Your browser type and version
- Your browsing activity
- Transferred amount of data
- Other information about your system and data connection
- Details on your interaction with our websites and other websites
Use of Personal Information
We may use the information for various reasons, such as:
- To provide, operate, optimize, and maintain our websites
- To send you information for marketing purposes in accordance with your marketing preferences
- To respond to your online inquiries and other requests
- To provide you with information and access to resources or services that you have requested from us
- To personalize your sessions on our website to better serve your interests and present you customized content and relevant offers
- To compile aggregated statistics about website usage and to better understand the preferences of our visitors
- To help develop new services or improve existing ones
- To improve the navigation and content of our websites
- For recruitment purposes in case you have applied for a position with Swiss TPH
- To carry out other legitimate business as well as other lawful purposes
Public Information and Third-Party Websites
Links to third-party websites
Newsletters, surveys and other online services
You may subscribe to our newsletters, participate from time to time in surveys or other promotions, communication and online services published on our websites, social media or other communication channels.
Participation in these services is completely voluntary. Information requested for transmission may include personal information such as name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, user name and similar information that we use to administer and provide our services.
We use the Google service reCaptcha to determine whether a human or a computer is making a certain entry in our newsletter form. Google uses the following data to check whether you are a human or a computer: IP address of the terminal device used, the website you visit with us on which the captcha is embedded, the date and duration of the visit, the recognition data of the browser and operating system type used, Google account if you are logged in to Google, mouse movements on the reCaptcha areas and tasks that require you to identify images. The legal basis for the described data processing is Art. 6 (1) lit. f of the General Data Protection Regulation. There is a legitimate interest on our part in this data processing to ensure the security of our website and to protect us from automated entries (attacks).
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Other Data Protection Rights
You can contact us directly at any time to obtain information about your personal data stored by us, to restrict its processing, to object to its use, to demand its deletion or to change your data or marketing settings.
You can also revoke your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your personal data with your consent. The revocation of your consent has no influence on the lawfulness of any processing which we have carried out before your revocation, as well as on the processing of your personal data which takes place in confidence in other lawful processing reasons than the consent.
We will respond to your request to exercise your privacy rights under applicable data protection laws and will respond promptly. Requests must be made in writing.
Responsible for processing
Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH)
Attn. Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer can also be contacted at email@example.com