Dedicated to Research, Education and Services
Swiss TPH is a public organisation currently receiving 20% of its annual income of about 90 million Swiss francs from the cantons of Basel-Stadt and Basel-Landschaft, the Swiss Federal Government and the University of Basel. The remaining 80% are competitively acquired through funding agencies, foundations or clients.
Since January 2022, the institute has its headquarters in Allschwil, Canton Basel-Landschaft. The Center for Tropical and Travel Medicine remains located in Socinstrasse in Basel-Stadt.
Associated Institute of the University of Basel
As an associate institute of the University of Basel, the Swiss TPH takes part in teaching within the medical, philosophy, natural sciences, and historical philosophy faculties, as well as is engaged in post-graduate education and advanced training on national and international levels.