How to Apply for A PhD at Swiss TPH
You are interested to start your PhD within the inspiring environment of the Swiss TPH? We are looking forward to your application. Please follow the described steps.
Application for an Advertised Position
Please consider information about Swiss TPH’s research areas on the institute’s webpage. All open PhD positions can be found here. This is the most recommended and successful way to go forward.
Swiss TPH makes the final decision on whether or not to accept a PhD candidate. Acceptance is very restrictive as there are no paid positions available at the Institute.
1. Find a supervisor: If you are interested in becoming a PhD student at Swiss TPH, please be aware that finding a supervisor is the most important step for prospective candidates. Swiss TPH does not offer PhD student fellowships, rather, PhD students are funded through projects, led by potential supervisors. Students may also be funded by competitive external fellowships to which they apply on their own. In both cases, a Swiss TPH supervisor is required for eligibility. Please explore the Swiss TPH website to find a field or team of interest and relevance to you.
2. Documentation: Your application will only be considered if you include the following documents/information:
- updated CV
- detailed motivation letter
- field and team of interest
- potential funding, if available
Please send your application to email@example.com.
After a first departmental screening, unsolicited applications will be shared with potential supervisors at Swiss TPH. You will be notified directly if an opportunity is available and asked to submit further information.