Data and Statistical Analysis Support
Our experts work in various fields and several Swiss TPH units. Please fill out the request form and we will put you in touch with the most appropriate consultant. In addition, open office hours are offered in various fields (see below). The core teams providing support are:
- Unit | Biostatistics: Study design, management, analysis and interpretation of quantitative data.
- Unit | Society, Gender and Health: Study design, management, analysis and interpretation of qualitative data.
- Unit | Environmental Exposures and Health: GIS issues - general support and analysis.
We provide advice on
- Study design, sampling and power calculation
- Software tools for data collection
- Scientific programming and software engineering
- Geographic information systems (GIS)
- Data management
- Modelling and data analysis
- Interpretation and presentation of results
Swiss TPH experts provide support in various areas relevant to health sciences, including study design, collection, management and analysis of quantitative, qualitative and geographic data.
This support is primarily offered to Swiss TPH staff. However, customers from the University of Basel, including MSc and PhD students, as well as external customers can also receive support, conditional on availability from our side.
Costs and Payments
This is a paid service. Swiss TPH customers benefit from a reduced rate of CHF 90 per hour and, whenever possible, are billed directly to the internal cost centre (KST) as defined by the customer. Prices for external and commercial customers follow a full-cost model. We also welcome enquiries that may result in extended scientific collaborations, which are discussed and planned on a case by case basis.
Only for members of Swiss TPH
Support with Qualitative Data
- Mon. 16:00-18:00, Piet van Eeuwijk
- Thurs. 9:00-10:00, Sonja Merten
Support with Quantitative Data
- Mon. 10:30-12:00, Marek Kwiatkowski
- Tues. 14:00-16:00, Amanda Ross
- Wedn. 13:00-14:00, Jan Hattendorf
- Fri. 14:00-16:00, Penelope Vounatsou
These office hours are mainly meant for ad-hoc advice, e.g. on method selection, simple sample size calculations or programming issues. The contact time for each customer will generally be limited to 30 minutes.